Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Strange Day




Ohhh it's gonna be one of those days. I got just enough sleep to have horrible dreams, kiddo woke up yowling WAY too early and my WONDERFUL hub was too busy "getting ready" (re: checking his email/facebook on his fucking phone) to lend a hand...I walk into the kitchen & it's a goddamn disaster from him cooking last night. I know it's naive of me, but when he gathers up the dishes and then I hear water running, I just assume that he's actually cleaning up. Not just running water for the fuck of it and piling dishes (still covered in food) into the sink (that doesn't have a garbage disposal.) so that's what greeted me this morning when I wandered, exhausted, into the kitchen to fix kiddo's breakfast.
I'm loading the dishwasher, muttering to myself, and yeah, cussing, when brad wanders in and tells me that "it's not that bad" and I need to "calm down." gggrrrrrr.
And I have a doc appt this afternoon and I am NOT looking forward to getting a fist shoved up my hoo-hoo. Boo on today.

  My day ended up not too terrible. I'm still tired & crabby & in pain, but I don't feel like I should murder anybody right now.  Pretty bummed, but not homicidal anymore.
Sad note: one of my dear friends found out that her dog has a heart problem, and my own heart just about broke when she told me.  I'm glad we were on email when she told me, because I don't think it would have helped her coping to hear me stifling sobs.  For some reason when I hear about animals being sick, or lost, or injured, or dying, I just shut down inside.  It's pure tragedy to me.  I mean, I reasonable person would probably say something pithy about "it's just a dog..." or something stupid like that, but dogs and cats are such...GOOD...little creatures that it just seems wrong somehow for them to suffer.  
Another sad note: last night when Brad got home from work, he dropped it on me that another friend of mine died.  He didn't realize that we had been friends -- to him she was kind of just "the wife" of one of his friends.  She and I had gone through the stages of "oh god we hate each other" while in high school into "she's ok" when she started working for my mother into "she's pretty awesome" by the time I left Florence.  I hadn't seen her in over 10 years, since I left that horrid little village, but I've thought of her often over the years.  In the days before Facebook & Myspace & the like it was SUCH a bitch to stay in touch with anybody...not that "lack of Facebook" is a good excuse, but still...for the socially challenged such as myself, it's good enough.  But damn.  I don't know what happened, exactly, just that she was a year younger than me and...once again...people my age just aren't SUPPOSED to fucking die.  It's not fair or just.          

Doc appt went ok. I'm at 4cm and starting to thin out, and my doctor told me to "try" to hold on until next week. 37 weeks is the magic number, apparently! If I don't manage to start my own labor (again) she's going to induce me on the 19th. Women in my family apparently have amniotic sacs of steel though, so I probably won't be able to break my own water...yet again! Ah well. Just seeing the light at the end of the tunnel helps, and having a PLAN helps me not be such a freakshow. If I know that I'll have to go in at 7am on the 19th, then I won't be all freaked out worrying about what to do with Dylan when the time comes, or making it to the hospital without delivering on the shoulder of hwy 17 because I got stuck at one stoplight too many!
On a purely good note (for me, anyway) I found my camera cord thingie…so here are the cupcakes that I made the other night.  I’ve only been able to eat a couple of them, but Brad’s done his share of polishing them off!

So that was my day today. Started off horrible, went through sad as hell and ended up still sad but not too bad.
Yay mood swings!


No comments:

Post a Comment