The hub has the day off today. He's out riding his bike
(damn athletes!) but luckily for me, he took the deranged doggie with him! so
my daily headache is a little smaller than it usually is...
My challah from last night turned out fantastically. For breakfast I made some potatoes, an egg and bacon, and the child had some potatoes, a banana & some kashi cereal.
I have gestational diabetes, which is just infinitely irritating. Luckily for me though, my body handles carbs just fine most of the time. It's fake sugars, milk and fruit that give me blood glucose spikes.
I miss fruit, but I've always been a huge potato fan, so I'm surviving this particular pregnancy challenge. I can even eat ice cream as long as it's made with real sugar and not corn syrup...and I don't eat a full serving!
Today started off well...no dog, kiddo all cute & in a good mood, blood glucose levels good, and a Star Trek movie marathon on IFC! And the kiddo went down for his nap right away. If I could just quit having these STUPIDLY painful contractions, it might be a good day...
There's one thing that gets skipped over in the JOYS OF PREGNANCY literature; this is painful (or at the very least uncomfortable as hell) from beginning to end. Even when I keep up with my yoga & squats and stretches, my hips still feel dislocated, the pressure on my tailbone is out of control, and now I've got wicked round ligament pain and the most unbelievable pressure on my cervix. Aaand Braxton-hicks contractions, which are usually just kind of irritating, but sometimes cross over into wretchedly painful.
My challah from last night turned out fantastically. For breakfast I made some potatoes, an egg and bacon, and the child had some potatoes, a banana & some kashi cereal.
I have gestational diabetes, which is just infinitely irritating. Luckily for me though, my body handles carbs just fine most of the time. It's fake sugars, milk and fruit that give me blood glucose spikes.
I miss fruit, but I've always been a huge potato fan, so I'm surviving this particular pregnancy challenge. I can even eat ice cream as long as it's made with real sugar and not corn syrup...and I don't eat a full serving!
Today started off well...no dog, kiddo all cute & in a good mood, blood glucose levels good, and a Star Trek movie marathon on IFC! And the kiddo went down for his nap right away. If I could just quit having these STUPIDLY painful contractions, it might be a good day...
There's one thing that gets skipped over in the JOYS OF PREGNANCY literature; this is painful (or at the very least uncomfortable as hell) from beginning to end. Even when I keep up with my yoga & squats and stretches, my hips still feel dislocated, the pressure on my tailbone is out of control, and now I've got wicked round ligament pain and the most unbelievable pressure on my cervix. Aaand Braxton-hicks contractions, which are usually just kind of irritating, but sometimes cross over into wretchedly painful.
My evening ended well. One of my two local friends decided that she needed "baby time" and bossed me into dropping the kiddo off with her for a few hours. So the hub and I were able to have a couple of hours of grown-up time. It was nice. I miss having linear conversations that don't have to break off to go "hey...get that out of your mouth!" or some such nonsense.
Attached are a couple of photos of my dinner from the other night. I'm still working out how to do this blog thing...and food is infinitely interesting to me, so I have a feeling that I'm going to be posting a lot of food-related stuff on here!
No comments:
Post a Comment