Tuesday, November 27, 2012

MMM Cupcakes...

Last night I got a total hankering (yep. Hankering.) for something sweet, and true to form, there was NOTHING sweet in the house. My blood sugar had been good all day so I decided that I could whip up some cupcakes without too much guilt. So I did. I made salted caramel cupcakes with the leftover caramel sauce that I made last week and threw together some butterscotch frosting. They were (and still are) amazing.  And I would LOVE to post a photo of them, but I can't find the cord thingie for my camera.  Fantastic.  As soon as I find the stupid thing, I'll put the picture up. 
Baby boy is going through this strange phase where he wants to drop stuff into glasses. He's dropped his pacifier into glasses of water, put cereal I to his dad's coffee cups, and leaves into bowls. It's funny, but odd to have to guard my glasses not from being spilled, but from having weird shit dropped into them.
In unborn baby news, this nameless child if mine is going into the "still zone." with the 1st born of mine, that just meant that he only moved 19 hours a day instead of 22. With this one it means long stretches of the day when he doesn't move at all, and I'll have to poke his butt to get him to wiggle. I guess I'm closer to go time than I thought I was...I'm ready to get the booger out of me, but wish there was some way to do it without labor.
I had Dylan totally naturally. It hurt like fucking crazy, but it's definitely true that the pain fades. I honestly don't remember most of labor now, which freaks me out a little...but our bodies do amazing things at times. All I had to do was survive 4 hours of skull-crushing crotch agony, but then the actual pushing was easier to manage...I guess because I had something to DO at that point. I mean, don't get me wrong, it was god freaking awful too, but it was more directed. And only lasted about 45 minutes. If I'd known what the hell I was supposed to be doing, it would have gone much quicker, but I guess it's hard to describe what "pushing" actually means until you're actually doing it. To be completely honest, it's like taking a crap. It's basically the same muscles for both. But I guess that's one of those un-glamourous things that mothers don't like talking about. "so what you do is grab your thighs, hold your breath & make like you're going to poo in your doctor's face! Yay motherhood!"
So anyway, even though it was horrid agony, I'm going to shoot for natural again. If something goes wrong or I just can't fucking take it, I'm not morally opposed to an epidural, just more afraid of a needle in my spine than I am of birth pain. Weird, right?
We'll see how it goes...

And AWESOME my cord blood donation kit came in the mail today!! I'm donating cord blood this time (I tried last time but I missed the cut-off) and apparently this gunk & goop will go to leukemia banks. Awesome. It's unbelievable to me that you have to REQUEST this shit... Like all of this amazing biological goodness ends up in a freaking dumpster if you don't bank it. That's obscene to me. Banking should be the rule, not the exception, and it shouldn't be such a pain in the ass to do it. I have to get someone to mail it within 24 hours of delivery, and my doctor had to take a tutorial online to be able to collect the sample. otherwise it ends up in a fucking dumpster. Demented.

1 comment:

  1. You're a strong woman! I've given birth twice and there's no way I'd do it naturally on purpose. Lol I wuss out and am ready for the epidural as soon as I can have it! You're more of a super woman than you know!

    ReplyDelete