Dinner last night was amazing. Slow cooker cranberry pork,
garlic mashed potatoes & sautéed kale. And a salad. The hub actually left
enough for me to have some for lunch. Usually he hoarks down that particular
pork before I can blink. It's flattering when he enjoys my food. Sweet guy.
But then, around 4am or so, he developed a migraine. Why is it that when men don't feel well at night, they feel the need to wake us up and share? I adore my husband, but about the 4th time he woke me up to tell me that he STILL had a migraine, I wanted to murder him.
I felt awful for him, don't get me wrong...I get migraines myself and I know how terribly they suck, but dear god. After the third time he woke me up, I quit asking if there was anything I could do/get for him.
Then my child, who usually sleeps until 9 or so, decided to wake up crabby as SHIT at 7:22. I want to curl up into a ball and sob myself to death.
And I'm STARVING, and the thought of eating a bloody egg for breakfast makes me want to scream. I'm tired of high protein/low carb breakfast. I want some fucking pancakes. With syrup. Tons of syrup. Alas...I've still got another 5 weeks or so before I can eat for crap again!
But then, around 4am or so, he developed a migraine. Why is it that when men don't feel well at night, they feel the need to wake us up and share? I adore my husband, but about the 4th time he woke me up to tell me that he STILL had a migraine, I wanted to murder him.
I felt awful for him, don't get me wrong...I get migraines myself and I know how terribly they suck, but dear god. After the third time he woke me up, I quit asking if there was anything I could do/get for him.
Then my child, who usually sleeps until 9 or so, decided to wake up crabby as SHIT at 7:22. I want to curl up into a ball and sob myself to death.
And I'm STARVING, and the thought of eating a bloody egg for breakfast makes me want to scream. I'm tired of high protein/low carb breakfast. I want some fucking pancakes. With syrup. Tons of syrup. Alas...I've still got another 5 weeks or so before I can eat for crap again!
Ended up making red beans & rice for lunch, skipped breakfast entirely, my blood sugar is running kind of high today and the hub scarfed down all of the leftover pork before going to work today.
Siiigh
It's cold and gray and disgusting here today, and I'm feeling angsty. Like thats new! But I did give the kiddo his first potty lesson today! I'm going into this with low expectations for now...I don't expect him to come out of diapers overnight or anything, but I want to sort of lay a foundation by the time this other child gets himself born...He thought that running around naked until he peed was tons of fun, then when I grabbed him and put him on the potty chair (he turned into a pee sprinkler and pissed all OVER me!) he got the giggles that wouldn't stop. Other than being covered in cute baby urine, it was pretty amusing for me too. Rotten kid.
Shit. I found out that an acquaintance of mine died today. Maybe
"acquaintance" is too strong of a word. A guy that I knew for a lot of
years died. He's younger than me by a few years and died of cancer.
Too many people I know lately have died, especially from some type of
cancer. It's insane. When I was a kid, cancer was one of those things
that happened to OTHER people, and only OLDER people, y'know? Now it seems to be all
around...older people, people my age, younger people. Makes you wonder
what the hell we're doing to ourselves.
In case you (dear bored readers) hadn't figured it out, I write these posts throughout the day. Probably why they're so disjointed and make so little sense. I'll take a minute or two while the kiddo is eating or napping or otherwise engaged to scribble down a few lines that I want to get out, then come back to it again later, then put the last stuff together after the bebe goes to bed for the night. It would probably make more sense to do everything all at once, at the end of the day, but I have a tendency to over-analyze and I'm afraid that I won't be honest if I do it differently.
I'm about to post some photos of dinner from last night, I guess. And I'm sort of watching cheesy 80s movies (Desperately Seeking Susan came on earlier & now I'm kind of watching St. Elmo's Fire.) Soooo cheesy...but I'm hoping it'll put me in a better mood before the boy gets home...whenever that may be!
You are very ambitious! I didn't even begin to potty train until my kids were at least two....but I don't have a lot of patience.....I hated potty training!! You are such a good mom!
ReplyDelete