Monday, April 15, 2013

Murder thoughts

I hate laundry.  Like...it's a problem.  I had an apartment in Charlotte that had a washer & dryer in the bedroom & I would live out of my dryer until all the clothes were gone.  I used the washer as a laundry basket.  Maybe it's because I did time in a Dry Cleaners, but it could be because I'm an utterly lazy piece of shit.  Either way. 
So I'm a "grown up" and have a "family" and I'm a SAHM or whatever, so I force myself to do laundry.  Tons of fucking laundry.  Anybody that has kids knows that a toddler can go through a minimum of 2 entire wardrobe changes in a day, and an infant can hock up all over 5 different outfits by lunch.  But what isn't mentioned is that my husband can also go through fucking 3 costume changes a day.  Every fucking day.  And he does this weird...thing...with his pants so that when he takes them off, one freaking leg is ALWAYS inside out.  And he leaves his belts on the pants and he NEVER empties his pockets. 
We came to an agreement years ago that any money that I find in the dryer is mine to keep.  I think of it as a paycheck sometimes for doing his ridiculous amount of clothes.  Plus, he's a cyclist, so he has SPECIAL clothes that have to be washed in a SPECIAL way.  Asshole. 
Anyway, so he went on this...rampage...today, cleaning.  And by "cleaning" I mean that he just made new piles of shit all over the house.  There's a mountain of clothes in the hallway.  There's bookbags all over the kitchen floor and bike parts just EVERYWHERE.  But the part(s) that make me want to set his face on fire are the aforementioned pile of laundry in the hallway and the fact that he did some laundry and then DUMPED THAT SHIT OUT RIGHT ON THE SPARE ROOM BED.  He did this while I was taking my once-a-month-get-out-of-the-house-solo-before-I-murder-people day.  He thinks he was "helping."  But what he did was dump THREE fucking loads of laundry into a giant T-shirt, Jeans & Spandex mountain in the center of the spare bed. 
And the best part?  Did he do any of MY clothes?  Did he do any of the KIDS' clothes?  Fuck no.  He actually dumped the laundry baskets out (which is hilarious in itself since he REFUSES to put his clothes in the basket...) and sorted HIS clothes out and only did his.  No shit.
So yeah.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment