Friday, December 21, 2012

He's here! He's here!






William Joseph Phillips "Liam" with his big brother Dylan Walker Phillips the night we came home from the hospital. 

Liam was 7 lbs, 0.4 oz, 19.5 inches long.  Labor was GOD AWFUL (of course) and 8 hours, 48 minutes long.  God help me.  I was able to stick it out without any drugs until about hour 6 when my nurse told me I "needed" pitosin because I was dilated to 9 cm but Liam was refusing to drop.  So although my contractions were coming at about every 2 minutes and I was dilating like a champ, I "needed" pitosin to help push the little booger down.
So I agreed (reluctantly) and then handled the freaking horrid pitosin contractions every minute and a half for about an hour before I tapped out.  The nurse told me that even with the drugs jacked up as high as they would go, Liam still wasn't dropping, so I freaked out and asked for an epidural.  Boo on that.
No shit, as SOON as my feet went numb-ish, the nurse checked me again and said, "oh, you're ready." 
So then my doctor got called away to an emergency C-section, so I got to lay around for about half an hour in an epidural funk, until my doc was able to come in.  By that point, I was dilated to about 928347937843 cm, and only had to push twice and out popped the kiddo.
so...there the little booger is! 

I'll write more later.  I'm still trying to figure out how to manage my time without setting the house on fire in protest...
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment